Ok, first big show is coming... so guys, I think we can talk about our ideas about Julia's promotion. I know that management is the main "power" in this kind of work, but there is kinda big place for us, fans.
What can we do for Julia?
This topic is good to talking about all the things in common with promotion, I guess.
In my opinion the best way for Internet promotion is sending some infos about Julia to Billboard.com. Remember when they wrote about "Waste Management Remixes"? Lena was talking to Billboard. WMR was NOT a huge event, but they wrote about it, so... everything is possible. We can try. We should try, right?
And Billboard is the most important music source for a lot of people, international music websites etc.
My second idea is about Billboard Charts. Julia wanna be an international star, right? So she needs good peak positions in popular music charts like Billboard Hot 100 or Billboard Album Chart (200). We don't know when she's gonna give us first single but... when this time will come...
Look at this:
http://www.billboard.com/#/news/lady-ga ... 3192.story
IMHO Julia's first single(s) should be cheaper than other music on iTunes and Amazon and because of that she could get better positions on the most important music charts worldwide.
Ok, what do you think? Any another ideas?
Discussion of Julia Volkova's solo project.
Great topic idea szym, we can discuss our tactics here!
OK let's go on topic:
- Billboard is good idea but I'd only use it when we have serious thing in case (Brazil performance: yes; WMR: no) - too small things won't reach their level (I guess they only wrote about WMR because it was the last confirmed t.A.T.u. product, the band's "death" was the real news in it)
- Social websites will be/are playing a major roll to promote her IMO
- Sending her news/stuff to local music and news sites - I guess everyone could write about her better in their own language. And management doesn't have 400 arms to be everywhere - this is where fans could really help
- About charts: there is an Official Chart Positions Thread here, currently locked, but when to single is here we will have a new job..
- And of course everyone shall play her music very loudly
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:17 pm
What I really would like to see are regularly Videos for Youtube.
I'm not talking about monthly videos like Lena's.
What we could see in tATu Expedition for example: travelling, backstage, studio sessions, free time...
Filming for 10 minutes (even if the video shrinks to 5 minutes at the end) is a huge crowd-pleaser, and from what I saw from other musicians, its a great promotion if you want to reach NEW potential fans.
I totally agree with the idea!
I think when the idol has something like that, he is showing his "human" side, the part of his life that don't usually see, so he is closer to the fans and surely through winning the confidence of potential fans.
I like it very much *-*
Hmm, your idea can work as well. However for the "street" thing you need an open-minded country I guess, what Hungary definitely not at the moment But for the web-based version of this, count me in!
Last edited by MCsaba on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of course everyone who want to do something for Yul, shall do on their own way. If you prefer to walk around in a plaza and promote loudly, then do that.. if your "hacking the shop" tactic is likable for some, do so (beware the security ) .. if you are an e-mail maniac, send some to the right places.. etc, etc. As...
Totally agree, and every new fan counts!!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest